Monday, June 29, 2009
I don't know about you all but I'm kinda getting tired of seeing all of the Michael Jackson news on TV. Don't get me wrong. I'm a HUGE Michael Jackson fan. I have all of his music and know it all by heart, I spent a whole week of my life in high school learning how to moon walk just like him, sat down with Jake for about 3 hours one random college night to watch his concert on DVD (amayzing BTW) have seen every music video he's ever made, and totally believe he's innocent on all of the child molestation charges. Huge fan. I'm so sick of seeing all this on TV though. I think what wears me out more than anything is all the D-listers holding a press conference talking about how great of friends they were and how MJ changed their life blah blah blah. Whatever...you love being on TV. Plain and simple. It buggs big time. Just show the E! True Hollywood story and be done with it. Leave his family alone, let him RIP, release some unreleased music/pics/videos whatever then drop it. Every single celebrity/nanny/lawyer/doctor is coming out of the woodwork....tired of it.
Anywayz...I have an appointment with a dentist tomorrow. First time to go to a dentist in seriously....4 years. Scott's making me go. I probably should. My bottom 2nd to last tooth on my left is chipped. I chipped it chewing a tootsie roll when I was 20. Got it fixed. Chipped it again last summer driving on the interstate in Memphis. What a creepy feeling when you realize you're chewing your tooth!! So going to Scotts family dentist tomorrow....
Okay so no birds have come to eat my bird food out of my feeder yet. I'm upset. Why do you think that is? I always have birds in my tree out front. One even built a nest on my front door wreath and laid eggs and they hatched and I had 3 baby birds chillin on my wreath about 3 years ago. I'm constantly watching and not 1 bird has come yet. I'm disturbed...
Alright well, I guess I should head to bed. Night!!!!!
Wal Mart Cake
Okay so this is how I imagine the conversation went....
Walmart Employee: Hello! Dis be Walmarts, how can I hep you?
Customer: I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week.
Walmart Employee: What you want on da cake?
Customer: "Best Wishes Suzanne" and underneath that "We Will Miss You."
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Jake came up this weekend to visit Jaclyn and me and we had a really great time! We had a lovely dinner at Bordinos and layed out in Jaclyn's parents pool and went to church and ate yummy lunches together and it was great!
So I never open mail. Boring mail that is like bills and stuff. I just leave all of that up to Scott. Well, today Scott discovered an envelope I hadn't ever opened since January and it was this rebate thing from this company with a check in it for $175!! Woo hoo. Always exciting! I guess it really does pay to open those babies up from time to time!
I should be more involved with our finances and stuff like that. But I'm married to a financial analyst...what's the point? I have NO IDEA about anything like that. I couldn't tell you how much is in our bank account or what things cost. Scott just tells me what I can and can't do with money and I totally prefer it that way. I know some of you women out there think that's probably sooooo 1943 of me but I don't care. It's less pressure and easier that way as far as I'm concerned.
My phone is officially broken. Scott and I went to go get me the new iphone today and they don't have any in the store. They said they could order me one but it will take a week to get it in. In the mean time, I have this teeny tiny little red samsung flip phone and I'm completely not used to it. The phone will ring and ring and ring and I don't pay attention to it because I think it's just the TV. Very mammaw of me...
Speaking of mammaw, I have a bird feeder dangling from my tree now! I think it's fun! I went and got some bird seed and I think I'm really going to enjoy watching the birds fly up and eat!
Okay that's all I'm gonna do for now. The Soup is going on in the background and I hate that show. So annoying...time to find something better! Later!!
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Still keeping up with my workout. 1 mile of walking 1 mile of running and my DVD workout video. I do it every day. I've done it for a week and a day now and I can completely tell a difference. I've only lost a pound but I really think I've gained a lot of muscle. I flexed my big biceps at work yesterday and everyone was like 'dayum!' My Mom says I'm like a man when it comes to muscles as I can lift weights once and they're like 'boing!' poppin out. As to not get discouraged from my lack of weight loss but possible muscle gain, Scott has me using a BMI/body fat device he has so I can see the progress I make with gaining muscle. Scott knows I'll step on a scale and hop off crying if the scale doesn't say what I feel it should after my extremely hard workouts and healthy eating. So he feels if I see my body fat going down, I won't get discouraged. (Serious body image issues I have....more than most women I believe) So yeah, doing that still...I'm enjoying it very much. Except that I sweat so much and have to wash my hair everyday. I hate washing my hair everyday so that's a big deal but oh well.
I had to go to the doctor yesterday and I have some type of internal medical problem caused from...you guessed it....stress. The doctor asked me what the deal was. I told her. Whatev. She gave me some medicine and I should be good in a week. I'm quick to have an internal problem go wrong when I'm stressed. This is the 4th time in my life I've had something like this happen. First time when I was 12. (Aww. Sad little 12 year old.) Then again when I was 17, 21, and now 24. My body clearly doesn't deal with stress well. It's like 'ahhh!!! I need ya to be happy.' Hopefully I'll be feeling better soon.
I guess that's all I really have for ya. I need to shower and get in my comfy PJ's and watch some TV before I hop in bed. Have to be at work early tomorrow. Hope your Friday is enjoyable!
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
I am so unbelievably sick of living 5 hours away from my husband. We've officially reached 9 months now. It's getting unbearable these days. I literally cry everyday. It makes me so sad to wake up in bed alone. Or drive home from work knowing I'm coming home to nobody. Or sit on my couch and eat dinner by myself. Or watch TV snuggled with a blanket...all alone. I'm married...my life isn't supposed to be like this. It's so sad. I've been telling my family and friends that I was close to a nervous breakdown and I believe it happened on Sunday. Scott and I had to leave church in the middle of the service because I was crying so hard. I cried all day long on Sunday. Not little tears streaming down my face but whaling as Scott held me in his arms. I can't take it anymore.
This is all so hard to understand. I'm so angry and bitter and I don't understand why God would allow this to happen. It was so hard to sit in church and listen to how wonderful God is and how great his mercy is when he's dragging me through the mud here. What do we do?? I don't like Memphis. I'm miserable there. I don't want to move back especially now that I have a really amazing career. What's Scott supposed to do? Quit his job during the worst economy ever? That seems pretty stupid. What am I gonna do? Quite my job, move to Memphis and do what? Not hair...there's no good salons in Memphis to work at. And you know the second I quite my job someone in NWA will call Scott and let him know he's gotten a job. And just the thought of getting a moving truck and moving again makes me sick. So what then? Keep living apart? Come our 1 year anniversary still not know what it's like to live together?
I feel so sad. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have been so negative to living in Memphis. I hated it so badly I just hopped up and moved leaving Scott behind. What a terrible time I choose to do that. Worst economy ever! I had no idea it would be like this. If I had known I would have been going on 9 months of being apart from My Everything I would have most certainly never moved.
I also feel so sad for Scott. He's living with a co-worker he barely knows. He doesn't even have cable in his room so he can't escape away to just chill and watch TV. He doesn't really have any friends in Memphis. I feel bad because Scott is seriously a rockstar as far as work goes. His resume is amazing. No 25 year old can come close. His looks more like a 35 year old resume. Anyone that reads it is like....WOW! He's a hard worker and every employers dream employee. There's just one problem he's having. There's seriously no jobs available. Literally. None. He looks (I've started to also) every day for a job to pop up at some vendor. NOTHING. Notta. It sucks.
I'm so frustrated and angry. I've become frustrated at God and I've never in my life been angry at God. Why is he doing this to us? People tell me to pray. Not to sound like a huge heathen but why? It's doing no good. Scott's mom called Scott last week and apparently he sounded so depressed to her, she hung up the phone and cried all night long. It's just sad. Just flat out sad. No one should have to be apart from the person they love. Imagine being away from your husband or wife for 9 months. Six of that being the first 6 months of your marriage. What a miserable way to start life together.
Scott called me tonight and I just almost can't even talk to him on the phone anymore without crying. It's so sad to me that I have to talk to my husband on the phone at night and say good-night and I love you through a cell phone. It's getting so bad these days that the thought of knowing I have to communicate to Scott over a phone makes me cry. I can't take this anymore. I really really can't............
People tell me all the time they've never known a dog that loves treats as much as Holly. She'll just stand by the cabinet that they sit on and stare at you until you come give her one. She's sooo obsessed! Half of her diet consists of treats. She's crazy! So here's a typical Holly wants a treat video that I took just a few minutes ago.
Monday, June 15, 2009
1. What is your salad dressing of choice? Depends where I am but probably Ranch
2. What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? Spindini in Memphis!
3. What food could you eat every day for two weeks and not get sick of? Chips and Salsa
4. What are your pizza toppings of choice? Pepperoni with green peppers, jalapenos, and pineapple.
5.What do you like to put on your toast? Jelly
6. Any vegetables you don't like? Cucumber. Couldn't pay me $100 to eat one.
7. Do you eat seafood? Mmmm!!! Yes but not salmon.
1. How many televisions are in your house? 3. 4 if you include the one in the garage waiting to be sold in a garage sale.
2. What color cell phone do you have? Black
3. How long would it take you to look up who invented the Rubber Band? Ask google...few seconds??
4. Have any idea how may Megahertz your computer has? Megawhat?
1. Are you right-handed or left-handed?Right
2. Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Teeth
3. What is the last heavy item you lifted? My weights
4. Have you ever been knocked unconscious? No but I did pass out in high school one Sunday morning and my mom called the ambulance. Very dramatic from what I've been told.
1. If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Hmmm....probably not.
2. If you could change your name, what would you change it to? I have and I changed it from Luttrell to Johnson!
3. Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Yes! Hello new pair of Manolo Blahniks!
1. How many pairs of flip flops do you own? Hmm...4? There's a huge difference in a pair of flip flops and cute summer sandles. As far as flip flops that are beach/lake worthy...probably 4.
2. Last time you had a run-in with the cops? About a year ago. Headed to Memphis...got off with a warning.
3. Last person you talked to? Scott
4. Last person you hugged? Scott
1. Season? Fall!!! Love everything about it.
2. Holiday? Thanksgiving.
3. Day of the week? Toss up between Saturday and Sunday.
4. Month? October or November...it's the fall thing!
1. Missing someone? Yeah.....my husband :(
2. Mood? Better than yesterday.
4. Watching? My glass of wine get lower and lower....
1. First place you went this morning? Outside for my run.
2. What's the last movie you saw? Legally Blonde 1 and 2 were on VH1 last night. I watched them both.
3. Do you smile often? Just did!
1. Do you always answer your phone? Yes. Unless something else is going on where I can't but I'm not really a shady button kinda girl.
2. Its four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it? Wow. That hasn't happened in a while.....pre-Scott.....It would be....hmmm....nevermind.
3. If you could change your eye color what would it be? Never!! I like big brown eyes!!
4. Do you prefer cold or hot? What does that mean? I don't like cold soup but I like hot swimming pools!
5.whats your favorite gossip magazine? US Weekly no doubt with People coming in at a very close second.
6. Have you ever had a pet fish? Doesn't everyone have one of those at some point in their life?
8. What's on your wish list for your birthday? I would love to be on a vaca with Scott for our birthday's next year!
9. Can you do push ups? That's how my workout starts! 30...but I do them girlie style.
10. Can you do a chin up? The last time I remember doing that was in PE in the 5th grade for a fitness test that the coach had to turn in.
11. Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Both! When I think future I think kids....not for a while of course but my future thoughts are very far thought out so future to me means kids.
12. Do you have any saved texts? Yeah...my phone keeps them.
13. Ever been in a car wreck? Two. One when my dad was driving and one when I was. Such a loud noise it makes huh!!!
14. Do you have an accent? Doesn't everyone?
15. What is the last song to make you cry? Address in the Stars by Caitlin and Will. So freaking sad!!!
16. Plans tonight? TMZ, bath, bed.
17. Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? Sadly...yes. A while back. Breakup....devastating at the time! Totally became a different person during all that. So embarassing! Looking back now....BEST THING THAT EVER HAPPENED TO ME!! Clearly...(No offense to him) It allowed me to meet my soulmate!
18. Name 3 things you bought yesterday. Soup, Salad, Diet Coke.
19. Have you ever been given roses? Yeah!
20. Current worry? When am I gonna get to live with my husband? It's a daily struggle/stress/sadness/unfairness/bitterness I deal with.
21. Current hate right now? Living apart from my husband.
22. Met someone who changed your life? Yeah! A few folks actually.
23. How do you bring in the New Year? With my friends or family always!
24. What song represents you? Hard one. I love to relate a song to me in some way. I could name dozens. Last night I was thinking it was Run to You by Lady Antabellum.
26. Would you go back in time if you were given the chance. Yes.
27. Have you ever dated someone longer than a year? Yeah. 4 guys actually. Wow. Just now realizing that...seems like a lot!
28. Do you have any tattoos/piercings? My ears are pierced.
30. Does anyone love you? Thankfully....lots of people!!
31. Ever had someone sing to you? Hmm...no....seems like I'm always the one doing the singing!
32. When did you last cry? Last night actually. Very hard saying goodbye to the hubby...
33. Do you like to cuddle? Yes! Scott is a great cuddler!
34. Have you held hands with anyone today? Does Holly count?
35. What kind of music did you listen to in elementary school? All 4 One and Boyz to Men. Obsessed! Haha.
Speaking of my iphone....I have the old school one. Got it for Christmas a few years ago because my blackberry was doing all these crazy things and it was soooo totally time for a new phone. It would call people all on it's own or I would select a number to text and it would decide to send it to someone else or something...so embarrassing!!! Especially when it was a random in your phone book that you never talk to or whatever. (The reason my phonebook doesn't contain numbers like that anymore) ANYWAYS...my dad got me the iphone and I was so excited. Well, just last night, it decided to break. I didn't drop it or anything it just decided to break. I can hear people clearly but they can't hear me. So I restored it and backed it up and all that good stuff that the iphone desires but that didn't fix it either. So today, I went to Cingular (AT&T) and the guy said 'you're going to have to call Apple and get them to help you.' I said 'how am I supposed to do that? They can't hear me....' (Duh dude) He laughed at his stupidity and sent me on my way. So I call Apple feeling like an idiot because I have to scream at the phone so loudly for him to hear I'm sure my next door neighbors felt completely included in the conversation. He tells me that to fix my old school phone it'll cost $199!! So I said to him I might as well get the new one out on Friday and he said 'it's like you're reading my mind!' Great. Let me just go spend an additional $200 dollars this month. Scott said I'm very expensive in June! (Hello DVF!) But anyways, I'm gonna get it so for the next few days I have to yell like a cheerleader to talk to someone and they keep asking me why I'm being so quiet. Urgh! However, the new iphone takes video and you all know how I'm totally all about that so I'm excited! Scott's gonna get one too! He's saved his bday money for that.
So I'm going to Miami for Jaclyn's bachelorette party! I'm so so excited! 6 of us are going and we're staying in a super sexy hotel called Sagamore! Check it out at http://www.sagamorehotel.com/
I know we're all going to have oh so much fun! We're going in mid July hence the running 2 miles a day/work out video for the nice beach bod I plan to have....
Alright well, I'm boring myself. TMZ is on and I'm gonna have to rewind and it's making me very anxious to get on the couch. Until tomorrow (promise)....
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
So we spent hours setting up her account. It was way easier back in 2004 to do it. She started searching for people she went to high school with and I thought it was SUPER CUTE that one of her best friends from high school had this as her FB pic!
My Mom is the beautiful brunette with the long luxurious locks! How cute is that! So yeah...Mom's on facebook and I think she'll really enjoy connecting with all of her old friends since apparently facebook is the new email now and everyone has an account.
I woke up at 5:45 since I did my typical Tuesday night routine and stayed in LR with the fam after being in Memphis with Scott! Work was super busy and the first time I got a chance to look at the clock, it said 3:30! Score! I love when that happens. I got home and did my 20/25 minute run and then, I popped in my new Jillian Michaels DVD workout video. Whew! She wore me out and I loved it! She says you can lose 20 lbs in 30 days if you do it every day. I don't think I really have 20 lbs to lose but if I could get rid of these last 5 I'd be a very happy person! Will keep you updated...
Time to fix my din. I just went to Walmart and got all kinds of fruits and veggies and deli meat and salad because I'm gonna be really hard core this week. Except I kinda blew it since I ate at Firehouse with Jaclyn for lunch but that's alright cause it's better than Chili's like yesterday! Have a good one!
Friday, June 5, 2009
I don't have anything to talk about. Today sucked in more ways than one and I'm just not in the mood to be peppy. When it rains it pours and for a bonus, thunder stormed in my life today! And to top it off, I burned my finger on the steam from my veggies tonight and it hurts!!!
While today wasn't so great for me, it was for Holly! When I got home from work today, Holly went bye bye to the bank. That is Holly's favorite because banks usually give dogs treats. Holly always knows when she's at the bank because at first, she has her paws up on the window so they can see her. Then, she sits down perfectly dog-like and licks her lips. After the bank, I took Holly to PetSmart. She loves going to her toy store and picking out a toy. She'll seriously pick one out. I'll show her a bunch and she'll turn her nose away at all the toys until I show her one she likes then she starts going crazy over it! Today was different though. She wasn't interested in any of the toys (probably because she has them all...spoiled) so I took her to the treat section. I laid a bunch of different bags/boxes of treats on the floor and let her pick. She went down the row and sniffed them all then went back to the one she wanted and stood by it. I asked her if she was sure and she sniffed them all again and stood back by that one. Then I picked it and her up and said 'this one?' and she gave me a kiss on the nose! That was that! And she's been begging for the treats ever since. When I tell you my dog is a genius I'm not saying it because she's mine. She's totally a smartie.
My dryer just buzzed so I need to fold some clothes. Hope you have a great weekend!!
Thursday, June 4, 2009
On Monday, I picked up Scott at work and we went and had some lunch together! Mexican. Yum! After our fattening lunch, I decided to go shopping. Memphis has a J Crew which is my new favorite store. It was one of those times that if I could afford it, I would have bought 1 of everything because everything was so great. After J Crew, I went to my favorite local Memphis store, Joseph. I always have to make a stop there when I go to Memphis. Joseph has lots of great designer stuff. Manolos, Prada, Gucci, Louboutains, Balenciaga, etc. I just love going there! I nearly salivate at the mouth lusting over all of the amazing shoes, clothes, and bags! Well guess what...they were having a sale! It happens once a year and I just happened to be there when it was going on! So I text Scott 'Joseph is having a sale' and he sent back 'uh oh.' I immediately go to the shoes first. Ehh. Nothing really there I care for so I breeze on over to the clothing section. Next thing I know, I'm in a dressing room full of clothes! I send Scott a text telling him I'd found 2 Diane Von Furstenberg dresses I'm not sure I can live without. He gave me the okay to get them and it made me the happiest girl in Memphis that day! One more great thing about Scott, he knows labels so he can appreciate me finding 2 DVF dresses 40% off. His BF growing up was a girl and he's not ashamed to sit on the couch watching SATC with me so he's become quite knowledgeable over the years with designers and how important they are in a woman's life! I love DVF and I'm so excited about my new finds! Plus, I looked on her website and the dresses I got are on there....full price! Don't you love that!!
I had lunch with Scott again on Tuesday then headed back to NWA. I decided to stay the night at my parents house that day and wake up bright and early to head to work. I do that quite frequently. It's not too bad plus I enjoy getting to spend the extra time with my parents. Also, I have a serious case of night blindness so I totally can't see to drive at night.
Since then, I've been working and this week, it's been one of those weeks that I just don't feel like being at work. All I want to do is be lazy and lay in bed and work out and tan and shop. Too bad being a grown up really stinks sometimes.
So yeah...got you caught up I assume. Scott's headed up here for the weekend and that makes me really happy. My heart literally aches for him. I missed him on Monday while he was at work. Imagine how I feel going a few days!! Even though being apart sucks a great great deal, I feel like it's really made our love grow deeper for each other. People ask me all the time if being apart from Scott makes us fight. Uhhh...no. Scott and I don't fight. In the 2 1/2 years we've been together, I can think of being in 2 'fights' with him. If you even want to call it that. I like to think of it as more of a 'tiff' because it's never dramatic and always ends 5 minutes later. We're tight like that :) Anyways, I think it's made us really appreciate one another. It's very clear we're meant to be. I cannot imagine my life without him. On my way home from work today, I got so sad thinking that I wasn't coming home to him. I cannot live without him. He is my everything. Luckily, I won't have to deal with this much longer!! Scott and I made our decision and we'll be permanently together very soon. I'll let you know when. :)