Thursday, February 5, 2015


Campbell went to Mothers Day Out for the first time today!! He's been on the waiting list since the fall. When I signed up him in August I was really apprehensive about taking him because he was so little at the time--5 months old. However, I really wanted (and needed) a little break so I signed him up anyway. I thought they had plenty of space for him but he ended up being put on the waiting list. I was bummed out but knew it was probably for the best just because of his age. When I got the email that he was on the waiting list, I remember telling Scott that January would actually be the perfect time to put him in because he would be older, easier, nursing less often, etc. Low and behold, I got an email from the director of MDO last week that said they had an opening for Campbell for Thursday! I mean, how meant to be is that? So this morning I stuffed Campbell's diaper bag full of goodies, packed a lunch, scooped up my peanut and headed to Mothers Day Out!
Campbells Lunch: elbows pasta with tomatoes // blueberries + kiwi 

Of course Campbell cried when I dropped him off. He used to wait to cry when I handed him over but now he cries when we get to the check-in desk. Poor guy! He knows what's happening now. Pretty soon he'll be crying when we pull into the parking lot. The same ladies that keep him during my bible study on Wednesdays are the same ladies that keep him for MDO which I love. They are just so precious and I like that it's familiar for him. The promised me they would take good care of him (I knew they would!) and told me to enjoy my day. And that I did!
My first stop was to go get myself a little manicure since I never get to do that these days. I grabbed myself a cappuccino before I got my mani and sipped on it while my nails got a little pampering. After that I went to HomeGoods, TJ Maxx then Target. By now it was time for lunch so I met up with Jaclyn at Flying Burrito. She was baby free too. It was nice to sit down for a meal together without having to tear up food into tiny little pieces whilst trying to focus on adult conversation.
We had a long lunch and before I knew it, it was time to go pick up my little peanut. I enjoyed my little free day but I couldn't wait to squeeze my baby tight!
Campbell did great for his first day! They texted me pictures and updates throughout the day which I loved and appreciated so much. Campbell was so excited to see his Momma and wanted me to not leave his side for the rest of the day. Haha! I should have expected that. And didn't mind it one little bit.
The best part of my day is that Campbell made me his very first craft!! It is now proudly displayed on my refrigerator and I don't see it leaving there any time soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment