The rest of the evening my little man just wanted me to hold him. He went to bed at his usual time and Scott and I checked on him all night long. Around midnight we were both in his room while I was rocking Campbell. We debated back and forth if we should take him to the ER. We were just so unsure of what to do! His temp was back up to 102 and his little stomach was contracting 40 times every 45 seconds. The doctor told us 40 or more in a minute is too much. After a lot of back and forth we ultimately decided to let Campbell sleep and we set our alarms all night to take turns checking on him.
First thing this morning I called and was able to get in with our pediatrician. We took him in (my poor child is absolutely traumatized by doctors and nurses at this point) and he tested positive for RSV. There isn't really much we can do for it but wait it out. His stomach isn't contracting like it was although occasionally it will for just a little bit. He's super clingy and won't let me out of his sight and pretty much demands to be held all day long. He's been sleeping great and we've been able to keep his temp down so that's good.
I'm hoping that before the weekend is over, my little guy is feeling and acting like his old self again.